Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Friday, July 30, 2004

Latest on Benson

I'm getting a strange vibe that one of the following is going to happen:

1. Benson is traded to the Mets for Wigginton and a prospect of dubious value
2. A deal that is completely off the radar as of right now will materialize and everyone will be caught off balance (Dodgers, Marlins, White Sox, who knows.)

Granted, I'm not going out on a limb to venture that #1 might occur. I get the feeling that this is the deal that has been on the table for a long time, but not the deal the Littlefield wanted. He'll take it at the last minute if he has to, but he's been the one leaking all the rumors of Benson for Kotchman/McPherson/Wright/Marte in an attempt to get the Twins to pony up on Kubel. It ain't gonna happen. So unless someone comes out of the blue, perhaps as a result of another deal within their own division, the Mets deal will get done.






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger