Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Saturday, July 24, 2004

Opening Day

Yes, I know...blogs have been done. By everyone. And here I am, a contrarian by nature, starting a blog. Why? I don't know. What do I have to add to the blogging scene? Nothing really. Why would anyone visit this blog? They wouldn't. Will I even tell anyone about the blog? Probably not. Will I even stick with it? Probably not.

I do admit that I've come to enjoy reading blogs other folks have written.  There are about half a dozen that I make the rounds to every day.  None of them are written by anyone I know. They are mostly of the baseball or political genre. I'm sure that's what I'll spend most of my time writing about. It's probably the only two topics for which words flow like water for me.

In case you noticed, I titled the blog the "Om Blog." According to eastern philosophy, om is the sound of the universe. It's also a common mantra, used for meditative purposes. Therefore, egotist that I am, and feeling as though I speak for the universe and wishing for you to meditate on my writing, I named this the om blog. Really though, I just couldn't come up with anything better, and om is easy to spell.

So now that I have joined the great unwashed, I bid you farewell. Thanks for reading.




1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger