Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Thursday, August 19, 2004

Get Wells soon

Last night, word came from Steve Blass that Kip Wells felt additional elbow discomfort during his throwing session and has been scratched from his start on Friday. Uh oh.

In probably not unrelated news, Ian Snell was pulled from his start after 2 innings. My guess is that he'll be making his debut on Friday. Once again, I've got to voice my disagreement with Littlefield's strategy of bringing up top prospects for a cameo appearance before they are ready for a full time job. All it accomplishes is to accelerate the time frame for free agency/arbitration. I understand the convenience of sticking to the current 40 man roster. But don't we have a relief pitcher who can give us 4-5 innings?


2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

honestly bkopec, I don't think we have a reliever who can give us 4-5 innings. Or, better said, I don't think we can spare a reliever for 4-5 innings. Torres does have a rubber arm, but he's all we got. It's not as if we still have the ageless wonder, Terry Mullhulland in the bullpen. I wonder what Manzanillo is up to these days? Here's an idea...Legendary Lloyd McClendon was a pitcher for Gary, IN in the LLWS back in the day (not to mention hitting 5HR on 5 pitches, and being IW 5 times). Let's throw him out there for 4-5 innings? I think it's time we bring back the player/manager role in baseball.

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info matures in pantyhose gallery Control dvd parental Principal.comshaved ice machines Cell phone plans jay ok 74346 Comfort fit princess cut diamond weddinganniversary band what is venlafaxine side effects what to do for a xanax ativan overdose

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger