Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Swift kick in the arse

Yesterday news broke that the Swift Boat Veterans for ‘Truth’ were using an advisor/lawyer from the Bush campaign, despite the protestations from the Bush camp that they have nothing to do with the infamous 527 organization. (The old Sergeant Shultz defense…”I know nothing…. NNNOOOOTHING!”) Today, CNN reports that Bush campaign advisor, Benjamin Ginsburg, resigned from the campaign citing the flap caused by his association with the SBVT. Here’s the punch line from the article…


Campaign adviser Terry Holt told CNN that the Bush-Cheney campaign learned Tuesday of Ginsberg's double duty.



HAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!! That is a good one.

So let’s review. The Bush campaign has nothing to do with the SBVT. Meanwhile people very closely involved with the campaign are:

  1. funding the group – Dick Cheney’s close personal friend and major Bush campaign contributor Bob Perry is the primary SBVT financier
  2. appearing in TV ads for the group – Col. Ken Fordier resigned his post as advisor to the campaign after appearing in a SBVT ad
  3. legally advising the group – Benjamin Ginsburg as noted above.



5 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should really look at both sides of the issue instead of focusing on the GOP. Kerry is just as guilty, if not more so, of ties to 527 groups and their advertising. It is typical of liberals to be so hypocritical. Kerry surely wasn't complaining when groups such as Moveon.org were running ads comparing President Bush with Adolf Hitler. And, not to mention, that statments made by SBVT have caused Kerry to backtrack and change some of his original "truths." Why don't you open your ears to other news channels instead of the mainstream liberal based media. Lisen to Sean Hannity once in awhile...even if just for fun.
This article talks a bit about BOTH candidates involvements with 527 groups.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/Vote2004/527_groups_040825-1.html

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to Sean Hannity?! I find it amazing that guys like him think their party and views are always right. It is impossible not to like another parties view on something. IMPOSSIBLE! That goes for liberals and conservatives and libertarians. Politics becomes a turnoff b/c of this. Anyway, interesting article on the swift boat controversy. I, for one, don't care what Bush or Kerry did in their 20's. Niether one knew they would possibly be running for president 30+ years later! I only care about how jobs will be created, the economy and how to get our soldiers back from Iraq.

BF

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger bkopec said...

Honestly, I do listen ALOT to the conservative talk show hosts. I watch Fox 'News' all the time. I ingest both sides thoroughly, and on topics that I don't, I try not to comment. Some people who know me consider me to be quite conservative. In fact, I'd love to have a GOP presidential that I could feel good about. I hated Al Gore as a candidate, and I'm not enthralled with John Kerry by any means. But we absolutely must remove GWB from office, and Kerry is our only chance in this election. By all measures, the USA is worse off than it was 4 years ago. All of GWB's major policies and initiatives have been bad for our country. We've fought 2 wars, and neither of them have achieved their objectives. I believe in holding our president to a higher standard and I can't stand to sit around while the ideologues make excuse after excuse for the failings of this administration. I don't know how anyone could look at the way Bush won in 2000, the way he's conducted his presidency since, and the way he's conducted his campaign this year and feel like the USA would be better off with another 4 years of him. As for the 527's, I've got another post coming up about the difference between the right wing 527 and the left wing 527. I'd also like to comment on the moveon.org/Hitler crap that Hannity parrots every 43 seconds on his radio show (yes, I do listen if only to try and get a feel for what the GOP talking points of the day are going to be.) Stay tuned and thanks for the comments. I love to hear what people think. And though I don't expect anyone will have a change of mind based on a blog back and forth, it's important to know what other's think in order to be able to make the most informed decision.

 
At 4:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
adipex price guide a xenical price quote 1999 honda acura cars

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger