Altoona up in arms
Check out Altoona's starting rotation for the upcoming playoffs:
(in no particular order)
Zack Duke
Bobby Bradley
Matt Peterson
Bryan Bullington
Ian Snell
I can't remember a time when the Pirates have featured a AAA rotation of 5 legitimate major leagu prospects. There are many teams who don't have 5 guys of this ilk in their entire systems. Before anyone gets too excited, realize that if only 2 of these guys establish themselves as solid, average major league starters, then the Pirates are lucky. All of these guys will get their shot next season. I suspect Duke and Snell will be the 2 that 'make it.'
1 Comments:
funny you should mention it. i read somewhere yesterday that duke will get a shot to start as will Snell, but Snell will probably end up in the BP. I saw Snell pitch when the curve played Erie at PNC and he was amazing. Through 7, he threw exactly 100 pitches and was still hitting mid-90s on his fastball. Bradley has been plagued w/injuries but I always had high hopes for him...If JVB and Voges can get their act together, mix in Wells and Perez we have a killer rotation. I'm more optomistic about the team but realize we still could be a year away...2006 maybe...from contending.
Post a Comment
<< Home