Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Thursday, September 23, 2004

Tommy John details

I try hard not to be one of the blogs that simply posts a link and says 'look what so and so said about so and so.' Those blogs have their place I suppose, but they don't really contribute any new information. Instead I try to come up with my own ideas for blurbs or at least offer an opinion or analysis on topics I find on the web.

In this case however, I'll simply post this link to a terrific article that describes in detail the Tommy John surgery that is almost ubiquitous in baseball. You can read the article for free at Baseball Prospectus. Check it out.


3 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the influx of young pitchers needing the TJ surgery these days, wouldn't it be wise to start including MRI's on draft day?

Thought for the day - too many of these pitchers are focusing on weight training rather than keeping their amrs loose. Look at Doc Gooden...he had no muscle tone whatsoever but threw and kept loose. And Glavine. Let's stop watching pitch counts and start monitoring the time they spend on weight training. Now that's not to say as one ages, they shouldn't do light weight resistence to keep their strength (rocket, nolan, randy).

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Coloured acuvue contact lenses Vitamins for jack russell money manager financial advisor &aposjeff clark &apos atlanta kitchen contractors Train to become a financial advisor

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP C21 salvadori merced ca Tooth ache pain relief allegra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger