War, famine, and sabremetrics
What is it about 'sabremetrics' that makes some otherwise rational people so mad? I quote Peter Gammons:
Teammate Dave Roberts says Orlando Cabrera is one of those players who is not particularly good playing on bad teams where the only things that count are sabermetrics....Roberts is right about Cabrera, and the same thing can be said about Derek Jeter -- who the stats Nazis will insist from their garages isn't an exceptional shortstop...
I'm not sure how to respond to that? So people who understand advanced baseball metrics are stats Nazis? Is he inferring that they live in garages? Is he saying that the bad teams are bad because they care about sabremetrics?
I've never heard anyone with a rudimentary understanding of sabremetrics say that Jeter is not an exceptional shortstop. I have heard them say that he is not as good of a shortstop as Alex Rodriguez. I've also heard them say that Jeter is a poor defensive shortstop. But contrary to whatever Gammons is spinning, its unanimous that Jeter is an exceptional shortstop once you take his hitting into account.
1 Comments:
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Neurontin and neutropenia Natural skin care formula hypoallergenic Rhinoplasty gone bad Pontiac grand am perrformance parts Bratz hobby toy Kelowna internet marketing Breast augmentation breast enlargement and enhancement http://www.datarecoveryexpert6.info Free bulgaria popup and spam blocker Rhinoplasty new york nose surgery san francisco no Best contact lens solution Soma watson tramadol online commodity trading Mercedes benz+reading+pa Butalbital oxycontin Wife with strap on
Post a Comment
<< Home