Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Monday, October 11, 2004

4-1 and counting...

The leaves are starting to change, the breeze is carrying a brisk chill, and the Steelers are in first place. The world has finally been righted.

Since this is my first post about the Steelers, let me make a few comments that might be a bit dated, but need to be said anyway:

Am I the only person who cringes when Bettis comes on the field on short yardage situations? Staley is better at getting tough yards, enough with the Bettis novelty. On the most important downs, you should have your best personel in the game. Please.

I see shadows of Favre in Roethlisberger (from here on forever referrerd to as B.R.) I'm not saying that B.R. will be as good as Favre. But his pocket awareness, ability to avoid the rush, and his ability to find guys and throw on the run is very Favre-ish.

There are sure to be difficult times to come, but B.R. is a Player. Note the Capital-P.

I hope the Steelers don't think they have to resign Kendrell Bell in the off-season. He is always hurt, and rarely lives up to the hype when he does get on the field. He's been living off his rookie season for far too long now. Larry Foote is nothing special, but he's ok. I'd rather see them sign Burress and draft a LB, than sign Bell and draft a WR.

I thought Staley was supposed to be a threat catching passes out of the backfield. I wish the Steelers would give that a shot, especially since they don't have a tight end who can contribute in the passing game.

Chad Scott has terrible technique. He must not be coachable.


2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The leathered oval object is flying in giants with great success and while searching for other football bkopec successes I read your 4-1 and counting.... Failure is not an option for most giants and my passion as read at giants has a similar theme. You have a great read here and thanks for promoting the great game in life.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger