Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Friday, October 29, 2004

Bizarro world

Attention all real conservatives:

If you don't think your party has been hijacked, consider the following. Flipping channels tonight, I found Commerce Secretary Don Evans giving an 'exclusive' interview.

No big deal, right? You expect the partisans to be out in force on the Friday before the elections. But did Don Evans go on ABC? NBC? CNN? Even Fox?

Nope. Don Evans chose the Christian Broadcasting Network. That's right... Pat Robertson and the 700 club got the priviledge.


3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger fester said...

I came here via a link from The Conversation. I like this place a lot. But I think that you are being a little bit paranoid on the CBN... Both sides have spent massive amounts of effort motivating their base through the selective use of local and national media outlets, and this is just one more example. I know that there is a Salon article (can't find it right now) that discussed the targeting strategy for local talk radio interviews for the Bush campaign. It is a legit strategy, and the Dems do the same with sending Kerry to go on the Daily Show. You go to a friendly audience, make your points, get a little bit of free coverage and everyone goes home happy.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger bkopec said...

Point well taken. But you have to look at the whole body of evidence.

IMHO, there is a problem when you have a president that has to bite his tongue during a national debate before he goes off criticizing the mainstream media for their bias, yet then allows his cabinet folks to spread the good news via CBN. It just seems askew somehow. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Thanks for the feedback and the compliment.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger