Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Cheney over Edwards

(My comments from last night.)
Tonight, Dick Cheney gave John Edwards the Abu Ghraib treatment. You could see it coming from a mile away. I only watched the first 30 minutes of the 90 minute debate, but I find it hard to believe that Edwards rallied. Cheney is just too strong. As much as I don't like Cheney, I do admit that he talks with authority, forms cogent arguments, and just has a presence that draws you in. He doesn't look 'great' tonight. In fact, he looks heavier than ever, and maybe that will work to Edwards' advantage in the eyes of the populous.
(End comments from last night.)

When I say that Cheney won the debate, I don't mean to imply that Cheney won on the facts. In fact, I noticed at least 2 or 3 blatantly false statements (read: lies) he made. But since it would require some digging or at least a decent memory of what he previously said to know that he was lying, I doubt it made much difference to the undecided voter.

Fortunately for Kerry, the VP debate probably means nothing. In fact, the only thing really at stake here was Edwards' future as a potential presidential candidate. I saw nothing in Edwards to suggest he would be a good candidate in a future election. Of course, I saw nothing in Bush either.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger