Kip Wells has surgery
The Pirates have reported that Kip Wells underwent surgery, though not on his elbow. Sources say that he underwent surgery to repair a carpal tunnel condition that was causing him numbness in his middle finger all season long.
I'm not sure what a pitcher does that would cause carpal tunnel, unless he's playing lots of video games or typing up his kids homework every night. Regardless, I know a few things about the typical carpal tunnel surgery. Essentially, the condition is caused by swelling in the carpal tunnel that in turn causes pinching on a nerve that helps control movement and sensation in your hand. To relieve the pressure on the nerve, they slice open the tunnel. That's about it. It's not really a cure, as the symptoms will come back if you don't change the behavior that caused the condition in the first place. Hopefully, Kip will be fine. As I've said before, his elbow is another matter altogther.
3 Comments:
Hi there ##NAME##, I have been looking at ##LINK## for some time now and found your post titled ##TITLE## very useful. I've now got to find something on so I'll pop back and check out more of your site another time. Great site by the way
Hi there ##NAME##, I have been looking at ##LINK## for some time now and found your post titled ##TITLE## very useful. I've now got to find something on so I'll pop back and check out more of your site another time. Great site by the way
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Vitamin a facts Contact+lens+discounts Perscription protonix Bamboo filing cabinet
Post a Comment
<< Home