Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Yankees/Red Sox

On the eve of another Yankees/Red Sox post-season series, I'd like to say on behalf of baseball fans all over the country, "YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNNNN."



9 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'd like to say you're freakin' crazy! How can you not be excited for this matchup? Oh, you'd probably rather see Pirates/Cubs or Pirates/Phillies? This baseball postseason has all the markings of the games from the days of yore - the cards are back with the best offense since the gashouse gang; yanks bats are on fire; the sox have the best shot at winning than they have in a long time. And to quote a very famous 'sports entertainer' (read wrestler): "To be the best, you have to beat the best..." and sir, the Yankees are the best - The sox cannot win the WS w/o beating the yanks. Schilling on the mound vs. Moose tonight...could you ask for a better pitching matchup? Could you ask for more history? I'd say it would be a big Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn if it were angels/twins. i would probably not even watch. After 12 yrs of pathetic baseball worthy of AAA ball in Pittsburgh, I want to watch the best play and tonight and for the next week, we get to see the 2 best teams in baseball battle it out for the ALCS. the yankees are everything that's right about baseball - win at all costs. Winning is everything, no matter what you do to get you there. if you're worried about losing money then don't complain that you don't win.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

b. kopec's comments today; worst...post...ever.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger bkopec said...

I'm supposed to get excited about something that obviously was supposed to happen from day one of the season? Sports are great because anything can happen. That's not the case in baseball. For 7(?) straight years the Yankes have finished first and the Red Sox second. I'm supposed to get excited because something that was supposed to happen, happened? The top 2 payroll teams SHOULD make the playoffs. They SHOULD play each other. Wake me up when something exciting happens.

That said, I'm simply sick of the Red Sox and Yankees. Give us all a break. It's as if all of us are supposed to pick sides. Well, I'm a Pirates fan. I'm not a Red Sox fan or a Yankees fan. If either team was an interesting story, then I mgiht find some interest. As a baseball historian, I'll bei nterested in the outcome. But as a fan, I won't be watching.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaawwwwwnnn....Moose is perfect game through 6; yaaawwwn....redsawx come back; yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn........Godzilla ties ALCS recrod; yawwwwwnnnnnn schilling is all talk; yawwwwwwwnnnnnn Mo comes in and shuts the sawx down and the yanks once again find a way to win it.

yeah pretty boring game to watch - Bosox/Twins would be much better to watch. lot of history and excitement there.
(hopefully you can pick up the sarcasm b/c i'm laying it on pretty thick). In my opinion Big Stein should go national with the YES network much like Ted did with TBS, so we can enjoy quality baseball each and every night of the season.
Tonight's the big matchup Nobody Cares is pitching for the Astros. I think they just called him up from the Waynesburg Muddawgs in August. Cards in 4 - boring series; I doubt i'll even watch tonight; this game's going to be about as exciting as the debate, which i'm not watching either, and it has nothing to do with the fact i have a 20pg Investment portfolio to prepare fo class. Yanks in 7 - best series of the postseason.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger bkopec said...

Why don't we just get rid of the 162 game season and let the Yankees and Red Sox play 7 games?

If you are a baseball fan, the Red Sox/Twins would be just as exciting. I don't need some false drama to make the sport interesting.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

- now you're just being rediculous.

as a baseball fan, i want to see the best teams win. F__k the underdogs...that's for hollywood movie BS.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger bkopec said...

I'm not saying it's only interesting if an underdog is involved. What I am saying is that I'm tired of the same 2 teams ALWAYS being the favorites, with no end in sight. Forgive me if I suffer from Boston/New York fatigue, but the two teams have received wall to wall coverage on all national media outlets for several seasons now.

Enough already. I get it. The Yankees have alot of history. The Red Sox hate the Yankees. The Red Sox can't beat the Yankees. Nomar dates Mia Hamm. Sheffield used steroid cream. Matsui is a Japanese hero. Damon has long hair. Honestly...I know all that. It all becomes noise after awhile. The baseball might be exciting, but it's all lost in the noise right now.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's times like these when all you can do is just cue the music...

"Start spreadin' the news, I'm leavin' today. Gonna make a brand new start of it...in old New York!"

I gotcha, but when you're a yankees fan, all you can do is gloat!

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger