Bucco bullpen
The Pirates have made 3 decisions that will shape their bullpen for next season.
The most obvious and best decision they made was declining an option on Brian Boehringer, essentially letting him go. Duh.
The second decision was to sign Jose Mesa to a one year deal with a club option for a second year. I'm not opposed to this on the surface. I was very afraid they'd sign him for 2 years at a million per. Committing for only 1 year is intelligent. If this contract is $800,000 or less, then I can live with this decision. Either way, I think it's even money that Mesa is considered an albatross by the all-star break.
The third decision was to sign Salomon Torres to a 2 year deal. Torres was solid for them this season, but signing him to a 2 year deal is a bit risky. You'd think the Pirates would have learned their lesson (Boehringer) with regard to signing middle relievers to multi-year contracts. Anyway, the dollar figure was not disclosed so it might not be that bad of a deal. I'd be wary of Torres next season though. He's slight of build and pitched a ton of games and relief innings last season.
2 Comments:
best regards, nice info » »
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »
Post a Comment
<< Home