Pirates acquire Rookie of the Year...from 1987
According to the
Kansas City Star, the Pirates have completed a trade with Kansas City to acquire Benito Santiago for minor league pitcher Leo Nunez.
I think Santiago could fill a valuable role on the Pirates. However, I have 2 problems with this deal if it does go through.
First, veteran catchers who can play 60-90 games a year and hit .250 with minimal power are a dime a dozen. Why give up a pitching prospect to acquire this single season, part-time solution?
Second, this pretty much seals the deal that the Pirates are expecting Cota to be "the man" next season. This is a huge mistake I think.
Still, this is better than the rumors about Charles Johnson.
2 Comments:
This trade sucks because Leo Nunez is suppose to be the hardest throwing pitcher in the Pirates organization. Now I know throwing hard doesn't equal major league success but I wouldn't give up on Nunez for Santiago for goodness sake.
SRC
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »
Post a Comment
<< Home