Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Sunday, February 13, 2005

It's official

I'm a square.

I'm watching the Grammy's and the first award they give out is best performance by a pop group or duo or something like that. I only recognized the name of one of the groups, ie No Doubt. And the song they were nominated for is a mediocre remake of a 20 year old pop song that never would have sniffed a top 20 list from the year it originally came out. Popular music has lost me forever.

I think I'll go dust off a classic Fleetwood Mac Police Marvin Gaye album and shed a few quiet tears.
.
.
.
Wait a second....Alicia Keys may have just saved all our souls. The flicker is faint, but it's still there.

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet McClatchey listens to Marvin Gaye....what the?

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No self-respecting male watches the Grammy awards unless they are named "Skipper" or "Sosson". Booo...Watch "The Office" or Family Guy or something. Both better options than the garbage Grammys.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger bkopec said...

An afternoon of college basketball cost me remote priviledges.

And if you don't appreciate Marvin Gaye, you haven't listened.

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger