Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Monday, March 07, 2005

Timing is everything

So, I'm on my way home from work today at the usual time (rush hour) when suddenly traffic screeches to a halt. I don't mean a crawl. I don't mean stop and go. I mean cars in 'park' for 15-20 minutes.

Now it's not unusual to go 2 miles in 20 minutes when you are approaching one of the tunnels on the parkway, but this was different. With time on my hands, I started flipping the radio dial. Sure enough, good old KDKA informed me that the parkway west, from downtown to the airport, would be closed intermittently from 4:45 to 5:45 to allow George and Laura Bush's motorcade to pass. It seems they were in town to discuss the benefits of faith based initiatives, which is a waste of time around here, since a town full of Pirate fans is guaranteed to know all about faith based initiatives already.

Well, at least everybody was 45 minutes late for a good cause. Bush must not have been able to get a later flight on such short notice. With the new airport security hassles, I don't mind putting my life on hold so that the President has enough time to safely go through the screening before boarding the plane.

OK...I'm kidding of course. Since the President flies a litte charter called Air Force One, why not time his damned departure so that the whole freaking world doesn't come to a god damned halt? Would it kill him to spend another hour in town or leave an hour early? Does this even occur to anyone else?

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired of your right-wing bashing. If you're going to post your liberal bias, just like the rest of the media in this country, then you should just move to Massachusetts, you pinko-Commie. Why don't people give Bush a fair shot? He was likely just meeting with his base supporters, and I think that he needs to thank them for their support. He's just doing his best to ensure that our country remains safe and dedicated to a faith based lifestyle. Honestly, I think we should give him more slack here, he came into power under very difficult circumstances. I'm just kidding, he's a total dick.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger