Williams over Duke/Vogelsong
Dave Williams has been named as the Pirate's 5th starter.
Yes, yes, and yes. Good decision for at least 3 reasons:
#1. I want to find out about Dave Williams as a starter. It's been 2 full years since his major surgery, so if not now, then never.
#2. Zach Duke will now get the work he needs at AAA. With an abundance of spring rainouts and early season off days, I didn't want to see Duke waste service time sitting on the pine or "getting in his work" in a 9-2 blow-out. If Duke is as good as we think he is, he can go dominate AAA for a month or 2, then come on up as soon as someone gets hurt or screws up. It won't be long.
#3. Ryan Vogelsong belongs in the pen, for now. He's struggled mightily in the rotation, but pitched well out of the pen. Let him experience some extended success and work on that split-finger pitch before we throw him into the rotation again.
3 Comments:
Vogelsong is trash. I was in Bradenton for the game this past saturday against the Phils and Voges came in to relieve Kipper in/around the 7th with an 8-2 lead. Final score was 9-7. Pitching against the Phillies players with no names on their jerseys, this guy couldn't preserve a huge lead. But to your point, what else are we going to do with him? it's now or never i suppose. I hope i'm wrong and he blossoms in the pen.
FP
vogelsong name is almost like Pittsnogle
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »
Post a Comment
<< Home