Lost Pirate: Pud Galvin
In honor of opening day, this week's lost Pirate is the franchise's original opening day starting pitcher,
Pud Galvin. Galvin opened the 1887 season for the then Alleghenys by beating the Chicago White Stockings of the NL 6-2.
Although the best years of Galvin's Hall of Fame career were spent with the Buffalo Bisons, he did spend 7 very productive year at the end of his career with the Alleghenys/Pirates. As far as I can recall, he is the only Hall of Fame pitcher to have spent a significant portion of his prime in Pittsburgh.
4 Comments:
Instead of the "Lost Pirate" section (which I thoroughly enjoy btw), maybe you should include a section called "The Pirates Lost". Then again, you don't have that much time on your hands...
lol. good one. glad you enjoy it.
That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.had-wet-my-pants.info/Voip.html http://www.lamborghiniturnkeyreplicas.info forex trading system
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it quit smoking free big cocks for mom jenna jameson hot naked milfs sony vaio pcg c1mhp hard drive
Post a Comment
<< Home