Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Tuesday, April 05, 2005

More on Tyke Redman

Lloyd McClendon has come out and justified his placement of Redman in the 3-hole by claiming a computer simulation has determined that it's the ideal place for him. This is quite a surprise because I had no idea anybody in Pirate management knew how to use a computer. Smelling a rat, I made a few calls to my inside contacts and was able to obtain the source code for this program.


pirate_lineup_creator.exe

if YEAR > 1992, execute subroutine LOSTCAUSE
otherwise execute subroutine WEAREFAMILY
.
.
LOSTCAUSE
if C = Santiago
and
3B = Wigginton
and
1B = Ward
then might as well put Tyke Redman 3rd
else
bloggers have nothing to complain about


All kidding aside, I applaud McClendon for having the courage to try something unconventional. If you are out-gunned, as the Pirates are, you've got to find creative solutions. I doubly applaud McClendon for finding a way to try something unconventional while at the same time setting up a scape goat for when it goes horribly, horribly wrong.

Let's just hope we see Craig Wilson get some hacks tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger