Batting Third
Batting Third
Pirate Baseball
Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Back in town

So I'm back in town and trying to settle into my routine. Haven't had a chance to catch any baseball yet, but as soon as I can stay awake past 8-9 I plan on doing so.

In the meantime, it seems that "What's wrong with Oliver Perez?" has become everyone's favorite game. I speculated (pure speculation) after his first 2 starts that he was hiding an injury. Something just didn't look right. Then he turned in that one masterful performance and convinced me otherwise. Now I'm not so sure again.

In any event, if he struggles in his next start, he should probably be skipped in his next turn or 2. It wouldn't even be such a bad thing to let him get in 2-3 starts in Indianapolis or Altoona. Wouldn't be such a bad idea to give him 5-6 innings out of the pen.

All I do know is that the more he struggles, the more he will press, the farther out of sorts he will get, increasing the risk of injury.

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home






Lost Pirate of the Week
Tony Bartirome




Web Batting Third

Powered by Blogger